BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby it's cold outside

So once you finally reach the finish line of the half marathon its such a fantastic feeling you feel like you can take on just about anything. After the half in October I signed up for a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, a Jingle Run around Christmas and then a winter running class seemed like a really great idea to get me through January and March. The problem is that in December you don't really remember what 13 degrees feels like. 13 degrees is INSANE no matter how many layers you're wearing! This past winter I had a no running under 30 degrees rule - well, those of us on the East Coast know how well that went over! So I discovered spinning. I was told it would keep up my cardio as well as running and maybe not set me so far back come Spring training. I got so into it I even participated in a 6 hour spinodyssey for charity http://http//www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=275543&position=1&news_type=news I really enjoyed it but, no - it didn't set me up any better for Spring training. For the second year in a row to get started again I jumped into the couch to 5K program. It is a weekly training program that gets you literally from running a minute all the way to a 5K in 9 weeks. Last year I started at week 4. this year I was able to jump to week 6. I found a great podcast that I downloaded from itunes. Its got an unfortunate name www.kissmyblackass.com/podcasts but the music is real songs as opposed to musak on other podcasts.

0 comments: